My friend Alyssa told me she was counting on me for some Valentine’s Day baking inspiration. I just couldn’t let her down, so I hopped on over to Bakerella for some inspiration of my own. Voila:
Giant, oreo-truffle kisses, wrapped in tinfoil, and topped with a phrase of your choice. These were really simple — crumble some oreos, mix in a package of cream cheese, shape them into kisses, and them dunk them in melted chocolate. You think I would attempt something difficult one week before my exam?? Noooo way!
I made my kisses pretty big — about an inch and a half tall. It’s always fun to make oversized treats, especially when there are oreos involved. Check out Pimp that Snack for lots of crazy, blown up snacks, my favorite’s the giant Reese’s cup, mmmmmm. But I kept things reasonable so these kisses are still suitable for one person.
Unfortunately my Valentine isn’t with here in CT with me this weekend (I banished him from visiting in order to get more studying done), so I came up with another use for these kisses. I figured I’d share the sugar rush with some classmates to help them get through one more week of studying:
Giant Oreo-Truffle Kisses
Adapted from Bakerella
1 box (minus 7) oreo cookies
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 box Baker’s melting chocolate
- Place oreos in a ziploc bag and crush them with your hands or a rolling pin until fine
- Mix in the softened cream cheese using the back of a large spoon
- Roll dough into the shape of Hershey kisses (I made mine about 1-1/2″ tall and ended up with 11 total) and place on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place in the freezer for about an hour
- Melt chocolate according to instructions and dip each kiss into the chocolate, tapping the spoon on the side of the bowl to make any excess drip off
- Place back on the cookie sheet and allow the chocolate to harden
- Print out phrases in blue ink, I used Helvetica Condensed size-12 font
- Wrap kisses in tinfoil and stick tag in securely