I never have leftover candy from Halloween, but if you are one of those mutant humans that can resist the temptation of sweets, this would be a great way for you to use those leftover candy bars as gifts, favors, or just for yourself. The future dentist in me cringes at the fact that I’m posting such a sticky treat, but I’ve found that if you cut these up first, your teeth will hate you less.
Let me introduce you to a few of my friends:
I used mini Granny Smith apples and a caramel apple kit I had bought at an orchard. They sell them in most grocery stores too. Anything miniature, especially on a stick, is so cute. Even without caramel and chocolate!
- Prepare caramel according to kit’s directions
- While sauce is cooking, stick popsicle sticks in the apples and place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- Crush up candy bars using a blender, food processor, or your own strength
- Dip the apples in the caramel and then roll them in candy, applying slight pressure to make sure the candy really sticks
- Place the apples back onto the lined cookie sheet and place in fridge to let them cool and set