Can you call it ice cream if it doesn’t contain any cream? Or ice? Or anything besides a few bananas?? Well, that’s what I’m going to call it because the look and texture of this is exactly like ice cream! I had seen a few blog entries about this dessert, and it just seemed too good to be true. That is, until I scooped this out of my blender:
I have a lot of friends that are obsessed with eating healthily and have introduced me to tons of smart ways to satisfy my sweet tooth — sprinkling cinnamon and Splenda on apples, freezing grapefruits and grapes. But I’m excited to share this “recipe” with them (AHEM Marissa and Amanda!) as a new go-to healthy dessert. Of course it doesn’t have to be completely healthy…
That’s some peanut butter fudge sauce on top — just a little something sweet to add more flavors to the mix. I’m very excited to try new combinations with this “recipe” — mixing some peanut butter right in with the bananas, maybe some chocolate chips and walnuts, or just topping with a peanut butter sauce without the chocolate.
Healthy, Impossibly Easy Banana Ice Cream
3 large bananas (yup, that’s it!)
- Peel the bananas and cut them into 1/2″ slices
- Place them on a plate and freeze overnight
- Let bananas sit for about 5 minutes so it’s easier to get them off the plate
- Slide them in a blender and puree until smooth. This took me awhile, but be patient!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, milk, and corn syrup in a saucepan and stir constantly until smooth
- Stir in vanilla and continue stirring
- Pour over ice cream while warm :)
Okay, back to studying…