Mini Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes
Recipe adapted from Handle the Heat
42 Oreo cookies – 30 left whole, and 12 chopped coarsely
2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs, at room temperature and lightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
Pinch of salt
– Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line 30 standard muffin tins with paper liners (preferably white so you can see the Oreo through them!). Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each liner.
– In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and beat until combined. Add vanilla.
– Drizzle in eggs, a little at a time, beating and scraping down the sides as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt.
– Fold in the oreo pieces by hand. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top.
– Bake, rotating pan halfway through, about 22 minutes or until filling is set. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
– Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or up to overnight, and remove from tins just before serving.
Recipe yields 30 mini cheesecakes.