Yes, that is a mouthful of a title. But I don’t know what better way to describe this heap of deliciousness:
It is Lauren’s birthday today. I wanted to use that Fanci-Fill pan again. I love brownie ice cream sundaes. All reasons to combine the flavors of brownies, chocolate chip cookies, cookie dough ice cream, and chocolate ganache into one mean cake. But yea, mostly because it’s Lauren’s birthday — HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!
Creating this masterpiece was quite an undertaking, and since I was dealing with ice cream here, once it was all put together, I slapped it on a cake stand and ran over to Lauren’s apartment to serve it. (I didn’t want to freeze the actual “cake” too long or else the brownies would have become rock hard) Here’s a picture of dental school’s finest ladies in their most fabulous Monday night attire:
Okay, so dental school is not exactly glamorous, but I promise we clean up nicely. By the way, taking self timed pictures is always an adventure, I highly recommend it. So back to the matter at hand….
This cake basically consists of brownies interspersed with chocolate chip cookies, filled with ice cream, and topped with chocolate ganache and cool whip. I don’t think I need to elaborate much on how this went over with my friends, I’ll just let the food do the talking:
Eat it up fast — that ice cream has a mind of its own! (Not such a terrible command if you ask me) This was a great way to eat brownies and ice cream and I highly recommend combining your favorite cookie and ice cream flavors in there too.
Brownie Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake
1 box brownie mix
1 box chocolate chip cookie mix
1 tub cookie dough ice cream
1 tub cool whip
1 cup heavy cream
9 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 Fanci-Fill pans well
- Prepare brownie mix according to package’s instructions and split batter evenly between the 2 pans
- Prepare cookie mix according to package instructions and drop 1 tbsp-sized dollops of cookie dough and evenly intersperse it in the brownie batter (you’ll probably have some cookie dough leftover — just bake them off separately on a cookie sheet!)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and let cool completely
- To prepare ganache, heat heavy cream until it starts to boil, pour it over the chocolate chips, and whisk until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator as you assemble the cake.
- Remove cake from pans, fill cavities with ice cream, and assemble layers
- Place cake on a wire rack and pour ganache over it as desired. I decorated the top using a 1M tip and cool whip and used melted white chocolate chips dyed green to write “Happy Birthday”
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
I also want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! I made her an Almond Joy cheesecake over the weekend that was delicious, but not the most aesthetically pleasing thing I’ve created, so I decided not to document it. We had a great weekend together with the fam and I don’t want her to feel left out — love ya Mom!