Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I realize it’s silly of me to be sharing recipes for St. Patrick’s Day the day of (doesn’t give you much time to plan ahead, I know) but maybe you can just keep this recipe in mind for next year! I had seen so many recipes online for Guinness cupcakes, but I’ve been doing a lot of cupcakes over here recently, so thought I’d switch it up with some Guinness brownies bites.
Remember how quickly my Santa Hat Brownie Bites flew off the platter when I made them for a holiday party? Well that’s what I’m hoping will happen again tonight at our St. Patrick’s Day party. These bite-sized treats make perfect party food, and they make a great display!
I took the easy way out with these and just used brownie mix, substituting Guinness for the water, and I think they came out great. You don’t really taste the beer much after they’re baked, but it’s just fun knowing there’s some Irish fun baked right in. I also spiked the cream cheese frosting with some Bailey’s — a favorite liqueur of mine, yummmm.
Guinness Brownie Bites with Bailey’s Cream Cheese Frosting
1 box brownie mix
1 bottle Guinness beer
6 oz cream cheese
1-1/2 tbsp heavy cream
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp Bailey’s Irish Liqueur
Green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease mini muffin pans
- Prepare brownie mix as instructions indicate, replacing the amount of water required with Guinness
- Fill mini muffin wells about 2/3 of the way and bake for 20 – 25, or until cake tester comes out clean (Mine baked quicker than I expected, so keep your eyes on them!)
- Let them cool while preparing the frosting
- For the frosting, beat cream cheese and heavy cream together until smooth
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar, adding the Bailey’s and food coloring last
- Fill a piping bag with frosting and use a medium-sized round tip to pipe 4 leaf clovers, and a smaller tip for the stems